Monday, June 05, 2006

weekend

It was a fun weekend. I enjoyed seeing Greg’s friend again and his girlfriend was very nice. She had traveled so much and had such great stories. Monica was very much taking by her. She gave me a gift – Anne Carson’s Plainwater (essays and poetry). It’s brilliant.

I also just celebrated another birthday and I received a beautiful bouquet of cut flowers with a note that simply read, “from the gang back home” I thought that was wonderful. Friday night we sat under the grapes vines that are just getting started. Greg put some steaks on the barbecue and we had picked up some portabella mushrooms that Greg coated in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, grilled and served with goat cheese. They were very tasty. Saturday evening we all went out to a Japanese restaurant. Sunday after our guests left, Greg and I took the dogs for a walk to the quarry. The grass there is up to our knees and it was so entertaining watching the dogs race through it. They had this bounce to their stride so that they could see above the grass.

Now I am off to get groceries and dog food. Looks lovely out there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home