Thursday, April 20, 2006

rambling sun talk

I could not sleep last night. Should wake the girls up but want to get this coffee down me first. So, I thought I would sit here and try to play with some words. Monica made the slow-pitch team. She is thrilled. It is all spring out there now. Buds and bikes and crocuses and young happy voices blended with bird song.

The mailman just came by with my passport. Which is wonderful since I am leaving in two days for Las Vegas. My In laws and my husband were very worried for me that it wouldn’t arrive in time and I kept telling them not to worry, that it would. One small skill comes out of being a lifetime procrastinator and that is the ability to judge where the last minute lies.

I don’t want to do anything today. It is too nice out.

A small sparrow lights on the fence
Her belly big. A sheet of paper held in her beak.
She jerks her whole body one way
And then the other
rays of sun reach out and touch her
Lending every tiny feather
Significance

Sun on my keyboard, illuminating one light coloured dog hair stuck in the groove of my engagement ring and as I type my ring sprinkles the laptop with tiny dots of rainbow.

the sun’s warmth
around my neck
like a child’s arms

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home