Saturday, April 15, 2006

Happy Easter

Just more of the usual. The pansies are planted –this year I bought all cream coloured ones. Almost the colour of buttermilk. They more or less blend in with the house but I sort of like the look. Shaping up to be a beautiful day out there. I lost some of the past week because I wrote – I didn’t lose it – I actually think I made some progress but because of it everything else sort of piled up around here. Greg said the other day, “just want to let you know that when I walked across the dirty laundry on the basement floor my knees were at the level of the washing machine.”

And now I have one day to pull this place together for Easter and that is including making a friggin cake.
Thinking of home of course because it is a holiday and all. For some reason I woke up this morning wishing I had a half-ton. Taking it down some rough back road with the dogs. Dirt on the floor mat. The whole cab smelling like the inside of a well used baseball cap. Crack in the windshield. A view full of trees.

Mornings like this I have no idea who I am.

Blessed Mary, mother of God
Send me down a tommy cod

(I don't know the origin of that-)

there was also

Blessed Mary, full of grace
send me down a boot lace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home