Monday, December 12, 2005

Interior designer, I'm not

I have made a few mistakes with this new kitchen but I think we can live with them. Well, first the contractor made our floor so level (which is what we wanted) that it now draws attention to the sloping ceiling. We have nothing left in our budget to fix the ceiling. Second I thought I had a pretty good match for the floor tile and counter top but now seeing them both in bigger sizes – they don’t really go so well together. 3rd, when we planned out the cabinet area we had to work around the large cast iron radiator – but once the cabinets were in, we were told about these new, small wall mounted radiators that we then decided to purchase – if I knew this four weeks ago I would have had room for about eight more inches of counter space and that would have made a big difference because for some reason we ended up with the same amount of counter space as we had before – we had to ditch the double sink and put in a single just to gain a bit more counter top. And to top it all off we painted this weekend and the colour I picked is a little too dark. I like to blame Greg but I picked the colour – he even warned me that paint usually goes on a shade darker than the swatch colour. – I was also sure they had said it would be completed in two weeks but two weeks is up and now he says not until the middle of next week. It is not his fault, the floor took longer than he thought and he had to do some rewiring and the last plumbing job was a bit of a do it your self situation so he had to redo some of that and for some reason we had about a four foot gas pipe in the wall, which was capped at one end, which I guess was against code so that had to be removed. Lots of little things that kept delaying things but all that being said I want him to go home now. Christmas is fast approaching and I need my kitchen but that isn’t the real reason – mostly it is because I am a little anti social and I’m finding it difficult having someone in my house constantly. I want to be alone! Anyway, it will get done. Dogs are doing fine after their spayings. They get their stitches out on Friday. My instruction from the vet was to keep them apart. But after two days of Bow howling for her sister, I simply said have at it girls. Rip out each other’s stitches if you have too but just do so quietly. They seem to be fine.

Other than that, I think I might just hide up here for the remainder of the day and write. Not that I don’t have a thousand things to do but I am a little on edge and I think escaping into a story is what I need to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home