Friday, December 02, 2005

the contractor

The contractor we have doing the kitchen is amazing. He is so organized and hard working and he’s a dog person and he’s just plain nice. I wish he would wear a mask though. It can’t be good for him breathing in that construction debris all the time. He drives in from out of town every morning and even then he is here before Greg and I can pull ourselves out of sleep mode. I cringe a little when he starts up the power tools before 8 just because this is a semi-detached and I wonder what the neighbours must think of that. Anyway, this morning Greg reached over and hit the alarm clock for the second time and I mumbled, “you know I bet if we just stay here for a few minutes longer, he’ll probably make the coffee and bring us both up a cup.”

When I went down stairs, he came in through the back door, smiled and said, “Well, I see the elves didn’t drop by in the night to finish this up for me.”

I was thinking, no, they were probably at their workshop wondering when you were dropping by to help them

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home