Thursday, November 24, 2005

daughters

Monica is at Nature School for two nights, three days. She left yesterday morning and will be returning tomorrow, late afternoon. We went through the check list several times so I hope she has everything.
“Warm socks, four pairs”
“Check”
“Water proof mittens”
“Check”
“Sleeping bag”
"Check”
“snow pants”
“I don’t want to take snow pants.”
“You better, Monica. Might snow.”
“No one else is taking snow pants”
“But say it does snow, think about walking around in wet jeans all day. BRRR.”
“O.K. I’ll bring them.”

I’m glad she did. It snowed last night and it’s freezing this morning. I wonder how she’s doing? It’s such a great adventure for her and her class.

Last evening Greg and I went down to an information night at Erin’s school regarding High School choices. It was worthwhile although she is 90% decided on the high school she will attend.


Came home curled up on the couch and started channel flicking. Landed on a Faith Hill Concert. Erin walks in.

“Who’s that?”
“Faith Hill.”
“what does she sing?”
“Country.”
‘Anything else on.”
“I thought I would watch this for a while.”
“AH Mom!”

But she sits down next to me anyway and although it doesn’t dawn on me immediately, I am pleasantly shocked when I realize that she is leaning against me, her head on my shoulder. What a rare occurrence these days. Should I say something? No, better not, because thirteen year old daughters are like wild deer and you never quite know what will send them bounding off. So, I stay perfectly still, I don’t move a muscle, and we watch Faith Hill for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home