Friday, November 04, 2005

all quiet

Some day I am going to peek out my back door and find them both in the pear tree. It wouldn’t surprise me. It is a beautiful November day. The trees have all turned apricot and brick
The squirrels are racing about. Lucky seems to be at the door earlier these evenings preferring now to spend more time at home, curled up on the arm of the sofa. It has been a nice fall here so far. My youngest brother is now a father. I can’t wait to see my newest nephew. Next summer seems a long way off. (Sigh) My brother will be a great Dad.

I am reading the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. It is a wonderful read but heartrending. Also went to see North Country on Tuesday night and I thought it was excellent. For the most part these days I divide my time between the few jobs I’m doing for Greg, walking the dogs, helping the girls with homework and trying to keep this house in some semblance of order. In a few minutes Monica and I will walk the dogs to the video store. Get a movie for this evening. We might kick up a few fall leaves on the way and try to keep the dogs from chasing down every squirrel they see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home