Thursday, December 01, 2005

timing

Little overwhelmed these days. We started the kitchen. The contractor tore up about four layers of flooring and found original maple hardwood beneath it all. My eyes lit up thinking maybe we could just refinish it, replace the damaged sticks – but he needed to get at the sub floor to fix the joints, joists? (whatever makes a floor level) Anyway we already bought the tile – but for a minute I thought wouldn’t it have been lovely to bring the original floor back to life. Man, everything is in such disarray around here and will be for the next two weeks. My basic domestic skills are poor at the best of times. You should see them now during this renovation! My dining room is over flowing as it tries hard to be both kitchen and eating area. My knives and forks are balanced oh so precariously on top of the plates on top of the microwave on top of a small table pressed up against the French doors. The dog crates are in the hallway with just enough room for us to squeeze through and I can’t find any of the lids to my pots, which doesn’t really matter because I don’t have a stove anyway. – It is sort of like camping without any of the peace and tranquility or marshmallows (unless you count the dog). And then there is Christmas fast approaching and the dogs are be spayed this Tuesday. So I’m going to have dogs with cones to add to this clutter, may as well just buy a bull and bring him into the house. I just have to take in a big breath and think how pleasant things will be in January. New kitchen – a floor I don’t need to wax, twice the amount of drawer space and counter top, a double sink with one of those pull out faucets, a dish washer – oh gosh a dishwasher. It’ll all be fine - and visions of a rinse cycle danced in her head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home