Saturday, November 25, 2006

lost

Woke me up to a cardinal bird – Tom Waits (Lost at the Bottom of the World)

I love that. I couldn’t wait for Christmas. I got Orphans – Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards.
3 discs. It is excellent. I lost the last couple of days to a restless, insecure, soul searching, wishing I was on a chicken farm making music kind of breakdown – which would be difficult considering I don’t know music beyond what a treble clef looks like. Anyway, I’ll just chuck it up for a false start and begin again. ON Your Mark, get set, GO!

O.K., maybe not, I think I just hurt my ankle. Best to wait til tomorrow to start. Better just pour myself another cup of coffee, think a little longer on the story in my head. Mr. Waits has been giving me some inspiration for one of my characters in a new short story I started “Star Attraction”.

Just listened to Nirvana on the bawlers disc. Wow, lovely – one of his speaking stories. He may be one of my favourite story tellers.- - he has the best lines, the best story telling voice.

But serious, I got to start my day. It is 10:04 – still need to shower, on my third cup of coffee, hadn’t lay eyes on the girls yet, only got the dogs as far as the back yard – really I might need the booster cables for this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home