Thursday, November 23, 2006

Frost


A light coat of frost covers all. I will bundle up in a few minutes and take the dogs to the park. Let them run about while I enjoy the conversations of the regulars that go there. My social interaction for the day. Yesterday, besides my jog and grocery shopping, I did nothing. I read a little, napped, and made myself about four cups of tea, which I enjoyed with peanut butter and jam crackers. I thought about the east coast while I sipped at my tea. How I love that stretch of shore between Kouchibouguac and Baie -Ste – Anne. I wonder what it must feel to those who own homes along that stretch? Standing on their back porches in the early evening or walking to their cars early morning as they head off to work, always with the cold air coming off the water at them, always with all that open space, all that ocean all the way to the horizon, at their backs. Some days I feel home like a toothache.

Yesterday, I jogged while listening to the Killers “Sam’s Town.” It is a great album to jog to. The dogs were well behaved and we went about 5 km. the morning was bright; the sun felt wonderful, shadows of myself and the dogs filling up the sidewalk. One home we past had a line of white sheets on their cloth line. The soft scent of soap, the sunshine and cool air drifted from them and the combination smelled lovely. Every time I jog this neighbourhood I feel like I owe it my appreciation more.

This picture of the sheep I took at the Royal Winter fair. The girls and I went a few Fridays ago – I had trouble with my camera that day. Tried to do things manually and frigged up all the settings. This little guy was patient with me though

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home