Tuesday, October 31, 2006

last week

I found this story in an ezine called Exquisite Death – a dark tale for Halloween. I loved the lyrical repetitiveness of it.

Greg and I went to see “Running with Scissors” – I found it funny/ disturbing. Parts of it actually reminded me of a three-year period after my mother’s death – I forgot the exact line in the movie but I think it was something like, “we all need rules, without them there are just too many surprises.” I liked Jill Clayburn’s character.

I enjoyed last week. Wrote over five thousand words on my Fantasy – it is starting to feel like a real to goodness book. I keep wanting to sit down with a pencil and paper and start sketching a map of their world. Naming the rivers, towns, cities, mountain ranges, seas, etc. I think it might make this world more real to me if it has its own map. It was not just the writing that I loved about last week but the unhindered ease of how my days progressed afterwards. Doing a bit of bookkeeping, baking, putting around the yard, filling in holes (yes, they just keep digging) raking the leaves, bringing in my germaniums, tossing the Frisbee to the dogs, the girls coming in after school wanting to talk to me about their school day, while we sat at the table and ate cinnamon rolls. Some weeks appear so unruffled that I actually feel small within them. Maybe that’s how it should be.

Mdialogue was tweaked a little more. To try it out, it now only requires a password and an email address.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home