Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Deadwood and deadsquirrel

O.K. that was pretty lousy but its my blog ☺ so I’m going to leave it. It was a crazy start to that day though. Nerves were a bit frayed. I was still a little upset that I didn’t get myself together enough to get that job. We left the dogs for a bit on Saturday and they chewed along the bottom of our cabinets – nothing a little paint won’t fix but still – and the thing was Greg had just come back from the market with these huge bones for them. Suffice to say by Sunday morning I just wanted to go for a long drive in the country – I am not sure if everyone else did, which made for a less than peaceful drive. But by the end of it- it was fine and just what I needed. October is a funny month. Today it is raining steadily – the force of it varies from drizzle to downpour. The jogging is going O.K. – I’m still taking the dogs with me. They are pretty good. Of course they get easily distracted and want to pull me into certain yards, over to certain trees, garbage cans, other dogs but for the most part they trot nicely beside me.

I am a little hesitant about letting them off the leash now. I didn’t tell you (because I felt guilty) but a few weeks ago we were at a lovely tree filled park which had an off leash part to it and we were walking behind the dogs as they dashed up and down the path and between the trees. Anyway, first thing Erin asks is “do you think our dogs could survive here all winter by themselves?”
And Greg answers, “No they would starve to death.”

Seconds later we hear this screeching and I go running into the trees to see my dogs shaking a squirrel. It was dead by the time I got to them. Man, I felt bad about that. But I think they answered Erin’s question. Annie chased squirrels for fifteen years and never caught one and she was fast. But these dogs are more like the cat – they crouch and sneak, crouch and sneak and then take off after them (and they are very quiet) Maybe I will get a little bell for their collars. I think it is the husky part of them and that they act as a team. Anyway, it isn’t a good thing. I have no idea why I accept it from the cat when she brings home a mouse or a bird but it bothers me that the dogs did it. I hope the squirrel people don’t come after me –

I watch Deadwood now every Monday night. I think it is Season One that I am watching – they have back-to-back episodes of it on the history channel. I’m not sure how historical the facts are but I really like this show. Mind you when ever I see the Gem saloon owner (I forget his name at the moment) I need to come down on the volume so his cursing doesn’t make its way up stairs to the girl’s ears. I don’t know why I am so taking by that character because he is such a bad ass but he’s entertaining. It is the kind of show you want to have a shot of whisky with and a bar to slam your empty glass down on. I reckon I’ll keep watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home