Thursday, August 24, 2006

this week

The clouds this morning
lean on one another swollen and sullen
comparing bruises

Dark day but tall sunflowers
At the line of fence
Open yellow

Just spent three days finishing up that job for Greg and I think it’s done. Long hours at the computer. It wasn’t difficult work, just a little tedious. But I was glad for that “useful” feeling it gave me. Now I face a house that needs a lot of care and attention today. I think I mentioned before that I am not a multi-tasker. I was wondering if at first though I should cheer myself up by walking to the bookstore. Add something else to my yet to be read pile. I was thinking I ought to try Proust. Is that crazy? I heard he was a bit neurotic, I like neurotic writers. I figure if I read Joyce, I can read Proust?

Currently I am reading Steven Erikson’s Garden of the Moon. Fantasy. It’s pretty good. Any book that drops away the places past its borders and leaves only the story to fill my head space, I’m fine with. Anyway, must get at things. Monica had a wonderful time in New York. Erin is starting to get a little antsy about high school. I remember high school very well and oh, I wish I could protect her from all that. Prime beating yourself up years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home