Thursday, August 31, 2006

my kingdom for some peanut butter

I’m fasting this week. Well not really – I am drinking a mixture of lemons/ water/ cayenne pepper/ maple syrup every morning and at dinnertime I am eating a bowl of brown rice. Started Monday and I have four days to go. Why you may ask? I don’t know – I seen it on our local news show. Suppose to cleanse away the old toxins that accumulated in your body, which makes you sluggish and prone to illness or something like that. Just very curious if it will give me energy? I had stopped jogging again and want to start up when the girls go back to school next week. (never did train hard enough to do the half marathon this year) However, now I want to rise early and start the day right, so I am hoping this will help give me the will to do that.

So anyway, now I’m kicking myself because I have to last the week (promised myself I would) but it is making me miserable. It is not that I feel hungry all the time or anything. That drink really does give you a full feeling and I think it is the cayenne that gives me a boost of energy. It is only at night when I feel like I want to kill something and eat it.

The added bonus however is you lose weight – like a pound a day – I have never dieted, I don’t believe in dieting – when I begin to gain weight I jog but I can’t say I mind losing some weight. I never really had to worry about weight gain until I hit forty. Just very lucky. Even when I was pregnant I gained very little – I got away wearing my sundresses and jean overalls through the entire pregnancies. People would argue with me at nine months that I wasn’t that far along. And when Monica was born the obstetrician wanted to know where I hid my babies during the final semester. Both times I think he believed they would be smaller than they were. But they were both healthy sizes Erin was 7lbs 3 ounces and Monica was 7 lbs 5 ounces. Anyway, this good fortune stopped at forty. Now, I need to jog. So, I hope this experiment works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home