Friday, August 12, 2005

Left it all

to the last minute so I came up to my desk this morning, coffee in hand, to write a list of the things I needed to do for today. My daughter is having a party this evening in celebration of turning 11 and I have to pull this neglected house together and then go shopping for cake and everything else a party requires. I told myself I would not write this morning but somehow as I was sitting here making this list, my computer came to life. (Well, it may have been that I turned it on? ) And since the computer was now on, I thought it wouldn’t hurt if I took a few minutes to quickly read over the story I was writing yesterday, just to see if it sounded O.K. That led straight into trying to rewrite some of it and then I was gone, forgetting my promise not to write. I have to thank my empty coffee cup, who kindly brought me back about forty minutes later. It was difficult to pull myself away and I don't think my muse (if I have one) was amused. - i think he is trying to tell me to make hay while the sun is shining. But it has to wait. Lots to do. Party time… bring on the dancing horses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home