Wednesday, August 03, 2005

august

Quiet around here. Greg is ill with a long lingering cold. Monica and I are enjoying the new Harry Potter book. My neighbour lent me Mitch Albom’s “the five people you meet in heaven.” She just thought I would like it so dropped it off, which was kind of her. I now have another small tower of books at my bedside that I am hoping to get through. But first I need to finish Stephen king’s last dark tower book. I have been reading quite a lot this summer and when I was home my family gave me so many suggestions. My sister was adamant that I read The Known World by Edward Jones. So I went out and bought it. And for Father’s day I had giving Greg “The Master” by Colm Toibin and he loves it, which makes me want to read it. And since he has been talking to me a lot about Henry James lately, I had picked up a copy of The Bostonians from the library along with a few other books. I haven’t read any of Henry James before and am curious. Anyway these are only a few of the titles in my stack. I was finding it increasingly harder to read and for a while I was content just blaming the energy saving light bulbs we put in our lamps but now I realize the culprit is my forty-three year old eyes. I picked up a pair of cheap reading glasses and I can’t believe how much better things are now but I know I need to make an eye appointment and get the right prescription soon. I guess middle age has found me, drat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home