Wednesday, June 29, 2005

still hot

Four dripping children
At the edge of still water
Where sunlight gathers

So, the Wednesday journal hasn’t been working out for me. Oh well. I did manage to send off a story this morning. And I fixed up my resume. I’m sending it out for this office assistant Job…they ask for experience in microsoft word, outlook, excel – good computer skills, excellent phone manner, well organized, perfect for the stay at home parent who is looking to get back into the office field. (I guess that’s me minus the well-organized part.) I can’t organize my sock drawer. But I’ll just keep that little part a secret. I am also looking to take two evening courses at one of the universities here this fall. Creative Writing and the Modern in Literature (it says they look at James Joyce and Virginia Woolf and I would enjoy knowing more about those two.) No, I haven’t finished The Waves yet. I like it but the language is so rich I can only digest it in small amounts at a time. It was the same with To the Lighthouse. I feel like I am in a funnel when I read her stuff. Starting off on this wide brim and twirling down until it all finally comes together. However, I started The Catcher in the Rye and so love it. One of those books you don’t want to put down. I don’t know why I hadn’t read it before now? Still hot! I think I seen Erin all of five minutes yesterday. She stopped in to exchange her shopping bag for a beach bag and went off to the public pool with her friends. Some days she startles me with how grown up she is getting. She has this quiet maturity and graceful way about her, which makes me feel hopeful that she will continue to make good choices. No more apron strings for Erin. Makes me sad and happy at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home