Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wednesday's Journal

Dog walkers, joggers, bikers and moms pushing strollers makes a steady stream of people traffic on the wide cement paths that run along both sides of this stretch of meandering shallow creek. This area is completely surrounded by thick growths of mature trees that try hard at keeping the city from interfering and they're doing a great job because I can almost forget that I'm in the city here. That is if I don’t look too closely at the creek’s bed and pretend that those white and brown high rises that sometimes appear through gaps in the green are just small mountains with very flat tops. I am sitting on a semi faded, chocolate brown park bench. My bike leans against it. The traffic has died off momentarily on the bike path. I wonder where every one went at once? Here comes a jogger. Wow, he’s in great shape and only sporting a pair of short blue shorts and sunglasses. He is huffing though so maybe he is nearing the end of his run? Now he is gone. Over the glen and through the glade he went with his pecs glinting gold. Now I’m alone again.

Still alone

O.K. someone has got to show up so I can write about something.
There is a robin in front of me on the grass – Do you notice robins always walk very quickly as if they are in a major rush but then pause every three feet to reflect on something? They should just walk slower and reflect as they go.
Another jogger approaches who is actually walking now –he at least dons a grey shirt to go with his short red shorts. He slides his water bottle out of his holster and takes a long drink. Opps, he's looking over – (not writing about you honest, Sir, just a little letter to my aunt)
Two men on mountain bikes – flying – one calls out to the other in a half winded voice, “Did you see the shots of that crazy spine?”
“Yeah,” the one in front answers.

A dragon fly- all black- the sun sparks the tops of his wings for a second. The robin is still scurrying and pausing, scurrying and pausing. A roller bladder with orange blades goes by, both hands clasped behind his back. He is also shirtless and moving at a tremendous clip. Very good form he has; like a pro. Two women are behind me walking slowly along a smaller dirt path, right at the edge of the creek. Mother and daughter maybe? No, both young, maybe in their thirties. One reaches up and touches the branch of a spruce tree. Too close, can’t look now but I can hear their sandal foot steps on the path behind me. They are quiet and then are gone.
In the distance comes another walker. White ball cap, white tank top, black shoes, maybe in his late fifties. His shoulders and neck are red from the sun. A woman just unhooked the red leash off her Rottweiller. He is very beautiful and sleek and panting heavy as he races by me. I love the look of a Rottweiller if it is in good shape like this one. Many I see are overweight and look like pub house bouncers. The same I find with golden labs. Quiet again. I like this exercise but I am not quite in the writing mood. It is nice sitting here in the sun though, people watching but I must get going. The girls come home for lunch and both will have stories to tell me about their morning.

1 Comments:

At 2:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]deutsch wetter[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]alle wetter[b][/url]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home