Monday, February 21, 2005

Snow

I woke this morning to a very white world and an hour of shoveling. Last night as I was trying to fall off to sleep, I could hear the wind weeping in the streets and between the houses. It was a very mournful sound and it carried me uneasily into sleep. I awoke a few times in the night just to wander around the house and to gaze out the back window at the moving wires and swirling grey. I don’t know how much snow we got but according to my right shoulder it feels like at least 25 cms.

Saturday night we watched “Motorcycle Diaries”. I loved it. Makes me wish to see more of this world. Really see it. All I know well is that stretch of Trans Canada from Toronto to New Brunswick. There were some summers we would change our route and go around the Gaspe Peninsula for a change of scenery (breath takingly beautiful area) and we went to Mexico once (honeymoon) and California and New York City and out West a few times but it all adds up to so little when you think about it. I want to see South America, Central America, Europe, Antarctica. I always wanted to see Copenhagen for some reason. Maybe I just love the sound of it. And Madagascar. Heck, I would just like to spin the globe and put my finger on a spot.

I said to Greg during the movie. “We need to visit more places.” And he looked at me and said, “I have been saying that for twenty years, it’s you who has the need to go home every summer.”

Oh, yah, that’s right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home