Thursday, February 10, 2005

a story

I reread this the other day and thought I would post it here. It
was my attempt at writing an environmentally friendly fairy tale for
kids. I had written it a few years back but my kids thought it was
too preachy. They're my toughest critics.

I watched this movie last night called New Waterford Girl. It is a Canadian production that takes place on Cape Breton Island in the seventies. My mom was from Antigonish so there were summers when we spent time down there with relatives and although there were a few differences from that area and the area I grew up in, the differences were smaller than the similarities. This movie so brought me right back there. Sigh, I want so much to capture that sense of place like that movie did. In a series of short stories? A screenplay? A novel? I got to hurry up though because as the years go by it seems to be getting more and more diluted in my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home