Friday, November 19, 2004

half way

My head hurts. I'm up to 26,900 words. That's like writing five short stories. It usually takes me two years to write five short stories. I think this has so far been a very positive experience for me because it gives me permission to write. A lot of times I fight with myself over the amount of time I allot myself for writing because I have a difficult time finding the tangibility in it. Well, maybe that is not quite true - I have a difficult time thinking that other people might see it as a waste of time. I want to feel productive so I let other things in my life take precedence over it like the house, children, small jobs, yard and my writing gets downsized to hobby. Like picking up a book to read, I do it when everything else is finished.

and writing is hard work and deserves more than the title hobby. A clean, well- organized house is noticed as soon as you step into it but a story which you spent just as much time trying to polish and clean, well unless you shove it into someone's hands and beg them to read it, it goes unnoticed.
I am just saying this because I have a pile of laundry the size of a small snow hill in my basement, my sock feet keep sticking to what I believe are falling pieces from rice crispy squares, my daughter's two degus are beginning to clean out their own cage, and I am beginning to wonder if the neighbours think I am depressed because I have been in the same sweat pants now for three days. Many of my neighbours wouldn't understand nanowrimo. Even a very patient hubby is starting to cool off a little. But that all being said, if it was totally up to me, I would write four hours a day, every day for the rest of my life and do so happily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home