Saturday, January 28, 2006

sunshine

It was an atypical day out there for January. Spring like. Winter has been pretty non-existent so far. I walked by my snowboard in the basement the other day and promised myself I would get to a hill a few times in February. I hope it snows more in February. (I can’t believe I just said that.)
However, since it was so beautiful out I took the dogs for a long walk. I would have preferred company but Greg had a meeting down town, Monica was too busy with a new computer game and Erin, who had her hair cut this morning, was too distressed over how short the hairstylist had cut it. I personally think it looks lovely but my vote doesn’t count.
Then Greg came home later in the afternoon and I went on a second long walk with him, without the dogs, down to the Boardwalk. We also stopped in at a bookstore and he bought a cookbook and I who should have kept it to one book, ended up buying three.
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susan Clarke (I wanted to read that one for awhile)
Love by Toni Morrison
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

I am very happy with my choices. Greg is happy with his. He is going to make Pan seared salmon with green pea risotto and red wine sauce for supper tomorrow night. You got to love a man who can cook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home