Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Artist's Way

I found this site today while blog surfing. I shouldn't have been blog surfing because I'm behind in some work. Actually I'm supposed to have it finished by now but the day is still young. I can catch up. (I HOPE). Anyway, although I found this site a little too late to join in, it seems like a really supportive place. I do have the book The Artist's Way. My sister Nancy discovered it a few years ago and told me about it and so I went out and bought it. She did the whole twelve weeks and said it helped her tremendously. In fact she still does her three pages of long hand every morning. She has four kids and she works full time and so she makes sure she is up before six to do her morning pages. God I love her but her resolve makes me sick. I wish I could bottle a little of her. I think I got to chapter two before I sat it aside (for some fantasy novel, probably). Just before Christmas she told me about "The Right to Write" also from Julia Cameron. She loved it and said I should read it and I would have ran out and bought it except I had surpassed my book buying budget for the time being and well, sheepishly thought to myself I should complete the Artist's Way before I read any of her newer ones. I have no idea anymore where I am going with this post now -- oh right I think now, after reading some of Blogging the Artist's Way , I want to attempt the exercises in the book again – complete it this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home