Tuesday, January 17, 2006

those dogs

Bow is keeping me up at night now. She whines at the door to go out at two and then again at five. She wanders around the house, waking the girls up by pressing her wet snout in their faces and pushing at them. She is vocal at times wanting to make conversation at the strangest hours. I am a little at my wits end on what to do with her. Crating doesn’t work, she just becomes more vocal. I shouldn’t be giving into her demands to go outside but I am afraid she will not quiet down unless I do. I did start jogging again and I think I might start taking her with me in the evenings. See if I can tire that restlessness out of her. She does go for long walks and a run in the dog park every day and she wrestles with her sister but I guess it isn’t enough. She just needs to be good and worn out at night. Hopefully jogging with me will help. Now, this will devastate Cinnamon who will want to come too but I can’t jog with both of them. But Cinnamon is not as high strung as Bow – she loves her sleep and sleeps right through.

We had our first escape the other night. I had put the dogs in the back yard and sat down with a cup of tea to watch Coronation Street when my neighbour knocked on my door. He said I think I just saw your dogs running down the street. I ran out to the sidewalk and couldn’t see them at all thinking to myself this is just great, I wonder where those two girls are headed – probably across the busiest road they can find. So, I think I did what any dog owner would do first and let out one long, piercing whistle into the night hoping but not really thinking it would bring them back. But, they came around the far corner of our street at a mad dash and straight to me. I was very, very relieved.
What happened was the metal latch to our gate froze in place, so it didn’t come down over the bar automatically like it is suppose to do. The dogs easily pushed the gate open. I got to remember to check the latch every time I close the gate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home