Monday, May 02, 2005

getting nervous

May and it’s cold this morning. I am sitting here procrastinating about my jog. I’ll go although I do feel a little off. I am up to six km but it’s tough. I have been out more often than Greg but he still finds it easier than me. The count down is on. 27 days to go before the run. I am already nervous. Mostly just thinking about the crowd that will be there. This event is quite well advertised throughout the city so I can only imagine that there will be a throng of runners. The only other time I did anything remotely like this was last summer, back east. It was a five km and I think the turnout was like 30-35 runners and that had me all freaked out. I couldn’t find my pace, my breathing was all wrong - So, in the midst of a thousand I should be pretty much done before I start. The thing is - are we truly committed? Well, the fact that we didn’t yet sign up for it maybe tells us something. I told myself if my run goes well this morning and I don’t need to stop at all, I’ll sign up when I get back. I’m signing Greg up too – regardless if he is ready – because heck, I am not doing this alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home