Monday, April 18, 2005

monday

It is an absolute beautiful day out there. In a few minutes I will go out for a jog but first I thought I would blog briefly. Greg is in Las Vegas (business). When he left Monica said, “Remember Dad, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” She watches far too much TV.

Last evening I babysat our friend’s daughters for a few hours. The youngest just turned one. Oh man, I was rusty. I almost forgot that at that age they want to put everything into their mouth and they walk around like little drunks. And then there is that autonomy thing happening at that age where they become very upset if you don’t let them do things for themselves. Like hold the spoon. However, by the time she maneuvered the spoon from the bowl to her mouth, there was very little food left to be had on the spoon. It was in my lap, on her head, on my floor, down my sleeve. I then took them to the playground around 8 pm and let the little one stagger around the field for a while, while Monica and their older daughter climbed the monkey bars. The baby kept stopping and looking up into the sky where the half moon stood out very brightly. She was mesmerized by it. Her little arm pointing upward. I would love to see that moon, like she was seeing it right then. The evening was a lot of fun. I hope I get the opportunity again to baby-sit for them.

Now, I need to go jog. Greg wants to run a 10km at the end of May. I don’t know if we will be ready for it but it’s a goal. It will keep me jogging for the next couple of months anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home