Sunday, April 24, 2005

rainy weekend

It is day three for cool and rainy. Yesterday I was going a little out of my tree with anxious thoughts but couldn’t explain why I was having them. Maybe not anxious. Maybe just restless or just feeling a little inadequate. Erin was at a friend’s place for most of yesterday, so Greg, Monica and I went to a bookstore. A rainy day and a bookstore - how easy they merge. Right now Monica is reading Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funk and so we weren’t going to buy her a book this time around, just went to browse but this big red book caught her attention called Dragonology. We started leafing through it and well, we both decided it was a must have. I also finally bought Housekeeping by Marilyn Robinson and a book on Selected poems by Dylan Thomas. So last evening as Monica studied Dragons, I settled in the armchair and started reading for a while but it was a restless kind of reading. I read a little of everything that was sitting near me but couldn’t lose myself in any one thing. I read a short story by Anton Chekhov called the Huntsman, which I thought was incredible. Anyway, Monica and Erin are going Go carting today with friends so I have to get moving. I’m hoping it will be a less restless day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home