Tuesday, January 11, 2005

out of the mouth of

I was making spaghetti sauce when Monica walked into the kitchen and asked,
"Mom, can i read you my journal entry?"

"Sure, what did you write about?"

"About Buddhism."

"Really, wow, go ahead."

When she finished reading it I asked, "That is really great but when did you start reading Thich Nhat HanH? I thought Dad was reading that?"

"Well, I did read the back cover." she said with a sly smile.

"Can I put what you wrote on my blog?"

"yeah sure."

So here it is - a ten year old's thoughts on Buddhism.


BUDDISM by Monica

Most people think Buddhism is some strange religion and that's what I thought too. until I read The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching (by Thich Nhat Hanh).
The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching teaches you how to aprecite and love life, nature and all that's around you.
I haven't finished the book but so far its really good. Buddhism is something you chose too be but you can't say "I"M going too be Buddhism," one day. You have too do the religion. By doing yoga is a good start or keeping a bonzi tree or you could even light an incense stick or two. And if you are really into Buddhism you could go to the temple.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home