Wednesday, December 22, 2004

a few cold days

We had a bit of a cold snap but it’s not so bad now. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. We have a lovely, tree farmed, balsam fir in the corner of our dining room. We didn’t have room in our living room for it. I am not sure why it isn’t filling our house with that lovely balsam scent? Probably because it was cut down in August? The side table is filled with Christmas cards and my sister in law sent us a beautiful floral centrepiece for our table. I need to go shopping today to fill the house with comfort holiday type food. I also need to replace the bag of pistachios that I somehow consumed in one sitting. I had bought them to make cranberry/pistachio bark but once opened I was unable to leave them alone. And I haven’t yet made a cookie. Greg said he will make the turkey this year. The Christmas cards are still sitting here waiting for stamps. It ‘s not like I have ever sent them out on time anyway.

Erin has been playing Gwen Stefano’s new song – what you waiting for – constantly. I love coming slowly around the corner just to watch her dance to it. Although if she sees me, she will stop, so I need to be a tad sneaky.

Here is a joke I heard From Greg. It is probably an old one but I thought it was funny so I will share.

A Buddhist was walking along the path of enlightenment when he came across a hot dog stand. Feeling a little hungry he went up to the vendor and said, “I’ll have one with everything.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home