Friday, December 03, 2004

this week

December started off with my final story being returned. Five went out this year and five came back, just like that cat in the song. Except that none of them came back the very next day. This last one took nine months. However, it was a very nice rejection letter, in a form letter kind of way. The last paragraph said

“again, thanks for sending your work to us. We look forward to reading future submissions from you.”

How nice is that? This must make for a lot of re-submitting? I know I’m going to. I am bound and determined to send out at least ten this January around to various places. I just have to spend some time fixing up a few first and finishing the one I started in Oct. And I am not giving up on my nano book either. Lots to do after Christmas to keep me entertained.

Cold day. Girls don’t have school so we are off to a slow start. This was report card and teacher/parent interviews week. All went well. Yesterday Greg and I went out to lunch in Little India. We went to this pure vegetarian place. The food was delicious. And on Monday I had found myself in Greektown up on the Danforth while on an errand. It was a sunny day and although I did have my camera with me and there were some great shots it was a little too busy and I didn’t have the guts to pull out my camera. There are a lot of bridal salons in that area. I walked by one window and this young woman was sitting in front of it trying on a bridal veil. She was looking into a mirror and at first glance I thought she was a mannequin she was so still but then she reached up slowly with her hand to brush blonde hair away from her forehead and readjust the band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home