Friday, February 16, 2007

Snow Dogs




Greg is in NY, finally, after two of his flights were cancelled. Girls got a day off, so I’m off to a mall with them. Oh my Gosh, I’m restless. Last night I couldn’t sleep and for half the night I had Fall Out Boy’s line, “this ain’t a scene it’s a GD Arm’s race,” going through my head repeatedly, driving me practically insane. And then that morphed into quick flashes of everything in my life that ever made me shrink a bit, and I finally ended up sitting in the kitchen staring out at the back yard again. Weird –

My father is accepting an award this weekend. It is my hometown’s sport hall of fame award, along with a banquet. He is happy and nervous. I hope it all goes well for him. I almost went back for it but it co- insides with Greg’s trip to NY. Anyway, I am going home for a long stretch this summer. Just not sure what to do with the dogs. I want to take them but they are a handful – which reminds me of an incident that happened on Wednesday, after we got dumped on by a lot of the white stuff – I was taking them out for their morning walk when they spotted Greg walking up ahead. (He had decided to take public transit that morning and was walking to the bus stop) and they decided they were going to catch up to him, and so started pulling so hard that I had to run to keep up with them. If I had lost my footing they would have just pulled me through the snow like a sled. And I’m yelling to Greg to stop but of course he has his tunes in his ears. I could not get them under control and it didn’t help that my arms were sore from shoveling – It was kind of comical.
They are very strong – and at times willful. I am just getting a little nervous about a trip back east with them – I know they would love it – the water and wood but I still need to think this through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home