Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It weird how I want to drive the red truck today. I want that ample space between thigh and steering wheel. The rip in the seat that I always caught my purse on. The smell of Ben’s hamburgers, grass seed and old spice. The standard steering and standard brakes. Some days that red truck haunts me more than I would like.

We are supposed to get a lot of snow starting around noon. I am taking Monica for a Drs. Appointment to check on her cough that won’t quit. Although last night she didn’t cough. Greg thinks it’s the dogs. Probably is. They have been shedding so much lately. Which is weird – you would think they would wait til the spring. I think maybe it is the routine of being out in the cold for a few hours and then into the warmth of the house. Anyway, they are not allowed in her room anymore and we got a small air purifier for her room, hoping that will help. Greg is off to New York this weekend. The girls have Friday off so I promised them a trip to the mall. Egad.

I usually try to ignore the lives of celebrities and stuff but I found the death of Anna Nicole Smith really bothered me. Maybe because she had lost her son only months ago and had a new baby, and then those who are fighting for the money, I mean baby. And the way the media was always at her – are we not just one big global playground full of bullies? Where the hell is the teacher who is suppose to be supervising us? We should never be left to our own devices. It makes me think about that short story "The Lottery,". Who shall we throw our stones at now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home