Wednesday, July 05, 2006

family

A five a.m. sky
Seven seagulls on silent wings
one grey cloud- fist shaped


Could not sleep. My sister, brother- in-law and nieces are arriving today. In a few hours. She is the third youngest. I am so excited. I hope she likes my home. It is a strange feeling this sense of shyness over my own family. It is hard to explain but I know it will be completely erased after that first cup of tea together. I hope she catches me up on every little detail about back home and she reads more than I do so I know we’ll talk about books. I’ll give her Gilead to take home with her. I want Dad to read Gilead too. I think he would really like it. And shopping – so many stores here and she loves to shop–And they want to see Niagara Falls so we need to plan a day trip. It is going to be lots of fun. Off to walk the dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home