Friday, September 16, 2005

here we go again

I think I might have just started a ball rolling that I may live to regret but I won’t give any details until it all happens or doesn’t happen. It looks like rain today. We have friends (New Brunswick friends) stopping by at around two today. They are in town for U2.
Things are starting to take shape around here. One of Greg’s ideas is actually starting to materialize into something very possible and I’m getting excited about it. I know I am being very vague about everything but in due course. I think I mentioned before how Greg has been coming to me constantly with his grand schemes and ideas for the past twenty years and because we had come close, but no cigar many times (Sorry, I’M like the worst one for using cliché) I do tend to get a bit worried when he comes at me with another one. However, I remember his first computer idea in 1990 and it was a sound one. Greg, who was then an actor, and we were only in the city for maybe a year, came to me and said, “We need to buy a Macintosh computer and buy the software Quark X-press.” Well at the time we were trying to save for a wedding and we had just sold our car because we couldn’t afford it and the last thing I wanted to do was buy a computer and this expensive software but he convinced me this was the way to go and he learned that application inside and out and started getting all kinds of work with it. His love for computers just pretty much escalated from there and he’s still constantly obsessed with learning the next greatest thing and of course, there is this huge part of him that keeps wanting to invent the next greatest thing. Life with Greg. Lip biting at times but he keeps it interesting and once again it is getting interesting. And I'll be involved with this project which makes me happy because when he does contract work out side the office there's never much for me to do in the office except for a little filing and bookkeeping. Mind you out of the seven or eight major projects he started in the past, I think he fired me or I quit several times from most of them. I’m not saying a husband and wife working together works smoothly all the time.

By the way this has nothing to do with that first line. That is something entirely different but also very exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home