Wednesday, March 23, 2005

poetry

Last Evening I went down to the Art Bar to see Erin Noteboom read from her new book of poetry, Seal Up the Thunder. I wanted to see her, not only because I like her writing so much but because I’ve been visiting her website religiously for over a year now and had such a curiosity to see her. The person behind the words, I guess! It was a fun evening; the Art Bar has a warm, welcoming feel to it with its cast of regulars (I think? they were pretty comfortable people if they weren’t). It was the first poetry reading I have ever been to and a neat experience. Erin speaks and reads well. I picked up a copy of Seal Up the Thunder and her chapbook, Kitchen. It was a tangible moment for me – I can’t explain it. Connecting a little of my computer world to my everyday world. However, I grew shy and couldn’t think of anything to say to her. I kind of just handed her the book to sign and thanked her.

Today is overcast. A good day to house clean. Sigh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home