Monday, November 01, 2004

nanowrimo

I decided to give it a try after all. Thanks to RN and her quote from Samuell Beckett, "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." So, then I thought how am I going to do this?? It usually takes me an hour just to get a paragraph down, longer if I don't want it to sound choppy. So I decided just to write the first thing that pops in my head and keep writing. Which I did this morning from 5 - 7 and I am proud to say I have 1800 words down. The funniest part was writing those first two words Chapter One.
The idea I got from my youngest daughter and I hope to keep getting her input over the next month. We are calling it The Zoo beneath the Zoo (a children's book) It's no Shakespeare but I think it is going to be a lot of fun if I can manage to keep getting up at five.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home