Tuesday, February 07, 2006

finally

Snow. Not much, just enough to make it winter out there. The cat in her thick coat sits at the edge of the pine table. The dogs leave white tracks on the kitchen floor. Scraping of snow shovels on walkways. Grey pigeons in a grey sky. Bare branch and red chimneys. - I’m not crazy about winter but I do expect it to be here in February, so it is with a little relief that I woke up to snow this morning.

I am enjoying the book, Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrell. It is very different, funny. I like how she writes. And we rented Junebug on Friday evening and that movie is still big in my head. It was very well done. And then I got my sister up there too – my sister of the morning pages – she is in the process of moving away from her marriage and it’s a pretty difficult time for them and the children. I hope it all goes smoothly, or as least as smooth as possiable. It’s starting to snow again. I feel lacking today. What should one do when one feels lacking? Bake cookies I guess?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home