Friday, September 17, 2004

Lazy day

My husband's birthday is coming up and I have no idea what to get him? I bought him Oryx and Crate by Margaret Atwood for his last birthday. He liked it. But really I bought it because I wanted to read it and so I needed an excuse to buy a hard cover copy of it. So, this year I should try to consider him a little more in his birthday gift. I'll think of something. I am having a low energy day/week. It is a pattern I have, lots of energy for a week, than a couple of weeks with moderate to a little less than moderate energy and then a week of where's my bed, kind of energy. I know if I just went for a jog this morning I would have felt better but it is very hard to convince myself to do that when I feel this way. I do have work to finish up and I should have started it by now but I think I will just put it off for a while longer. I am not really a doer. My husband is. I figure there are lots of doers anyway; the world doesn't need another one. I just have to look out my window to see all the doers doing stuff. Are there lots of ponderers? Can I have that role? I could just sit her and ponder and if someone has a question about something that doesn't have an answer to it and will never have an answer to it, they can just say go see the ponderer, I believe she wasted many hours pondering about that exact question and I would invite them in for tea and we would ponder and I wouldn't charge a fee because ponderers really shouldn't, it might make them feel like they are now doers.

Like the other day, well it was really about a month ago but anyway, I was driving down this kind of a busy street here and I don't enjoy driving in the city. I only do it when I absolutely need to, so I am a little anxious and I am driving with music on, a little loud, because it helps me with my driving phobia. I see this truck up ahead at a stop sign and am wondering why he isn't pulling out in front of me because he has lots of time and so I am concentrating on him and don't realize that the reason he is stopped is because there is a funeral procession going by and by the time I realize and that I should pull over, I am almost passed it, with my window open and my music blaring. I felt so bad. As I kept driving I saw a church with a white limo out in front and it made me think (ponder) what happens when a funeral procession and a wedding procession pass each other? I figure it is probably a rare occurrence but in cities it must happen?? Should joy pull over for grief or do they balance each other out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home